A Step to Freedom (ASF), is a nonprofit organization that provides homeless and justice impacted individuals with transitional housing and wrap around services that enable them to free themselves by circumventing the barriers that are preventing them from securing self-sufficiency. ASF’s four facilities provide a safe, welcoming and nurturing space where residents can recover from substance abuse and past trauma. Participants receive case management and access to various resources to support their progress. ASF programs provide our participants with opportunities to develop essential life skills, continue their education, learn trades and/or start a business in support of their efforts to attain self-sufficiency.
A Step to Freedom is a California nonprofit corporation. ASF is a public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Federal Employer Tax ID 95-4704879
ASF serves homeless and justice impacted adults between the ages of 18 and 65 and their families, regardless of gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity or religion.
Our clients are high-risk, justice involved men and women in South Los Angeles who are recovering from substance abuse, have a mental health diagnosis, have experienced domestic violence and/or chronic homelessness.
Approximately 90% of all donations go towards direct service, like case management, mental health services, life skills classes, community outreach activities, and vocational classes to name a few. The remaining 10% supports the administrative overhead that keeps our programs running and keeps our facilities safe, secure and clean.
Yes, you can mail a donation to our administrative office at:
A Step to Freedom ATTN: Kenya Kirkland, Executive Director 156 E. 104th Street Los Angeles, CA 90004
Yes, all contributions to A Step to Freedom are tax deductible.
All donations will receive a thank you letter acknowledging the gift and the tax deductible amount of the gift.
In addition to a thank you letter, all donors will be listed in the ASF Annual Report, on the donor page of our website, and in our email newsletter. Additionally, major gifts and corporate partners will be acknowledged, promoted, and recognized through various marketing and promotional materials and during special events as defined in their major gifts or corporate sponsor package
Warm The Streets LA is a national campaign run by A Step to Freedom to end homelessness in the World.
It is our goal to provide value recognition to all of our corporate partners. Our various sponsorship levels provide our corporate partners with name recognition, visibility and opportunities for employee volunteer engagement.
Contact our Executive Director email@example.com to create a corporate sponsorship packet that supports and aligns with your organization’s social responsibility goals and objectives.
ASF has several opportunities for involvement that range from one time volunteer events, like our annual Warm the Streets event, to long term volunteer participation, like serving on the Board of Directors.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can create a fulfilling engagement opportunity that aligns with your time, talents and treasures.
You can contact us through our contact page! We will be happy to assist you.
The ASF administrative office is located in Southeast Los Angeles at 156 E. 104th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90004.